Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting there is half the battle

I'm currently sitting on a couch inside Boston Athletic Club waiting for Fit League to start. I arrived about half an hour early today, I think it must have been the lack of rain that threw my timing off (seriously, this is the first week it wasn't raining).

I spent all of today fighting snack urges, being tired, and having some back discomfort. I seriously contemplated not coming tonight. Just going home, putting on comfy clothes, relaxing and indulging myself.

I convinced myself that even if it's not a great workout tonight, even if I don't push myself as hard as I'd like to, so long as I'm there and moving I'll be happy.

Until I realized once I changed into my work out clothes that I'd forgotten my sports bra. With no time to run home and get it, I headed to TJ Maxx and Marshall's in Downtown Crossing to pick one up. Ugh what a pain.

But I'm here. Despite wanting to eat everything in sight on my way, despite not having a sports bra with me, despite being tired, I'm here.

Getting here was half the battle. Now for the other half: getting my butt kicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment