Friday, May 4, 2012

Breaking Bad Habits

I really struggled this week with breaking some bad habits.

The biggest one revolves around sugar and candy. One of my coworkers has a big container full of candy on her desk. And unfortunately it's mostly good candy like mini milky way, snickers, and 3 Musketeers candy bars, and bullseye candies.

In the last few months I've stopped by her desk at least once a day, and many afternoons, more than once, to grab some candy. So this week I actually found myself unwittingly walking towards her desk for candy and having to convince myself against it. To turn around and walk back to my own desk.
This may not sound like much. But it was hard for me. A conscious decision and discussion with myself.

I'm also having a hard time with breakfast. Sure lately I've been eating breakfast a couple times a week... But it's been mostly pastries. One should not eat several pastries (like muffins or pumpkin bread) a week. So this week each morning I made sure to bring a banana with me and some sort of high fiber & protein granola type bar. This isn't ideal, but it's much better than fat & sugar laden pastries, and definitely better than eating nothing.

I did really well this week. I didn't give in to the chocolate or eating pastries for breakfast. I'm really happy and proud that, at the very least, I resisted those things this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment