Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Taking charge (again)

So I haven't blogged in 6 months or so. Simply put I sort of chickened out. I started using this blog back in July 2011 to hold myself accountable for my weight and healthier eating. And as I started to fall into my old bad habits, I also stopped blogging, I stopped holding myself accountable all together. I blamed it on the holidays and on being busy. But the reality is, I got lazy.

And once I lost control, I didn't really want to face it... until I was face to face with it in the mirror. Yup. I've gained back almost everything I lost last year. I'm angry with myself for letting it go for so long, especially since I have the tools to make the changes.

I know I can do it again. I know I can get myself on track, starting today. I'm going to hold myself accountable. I'm going to make more meals at home. I'm going to stay on track with my grocery shopping. I'm going to make healthier decisions when I am eating out.

I'm going to stop hiding from this blog just because I'm angry and embarassed that I got lazy and gave in.

I'm going to take charge again.

"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are."

2 comments:

  1. Remember it is a journey. I know, I have lost 50lbs in the last year... and yup, everyday is a choice not to get lazy.. and sometimes I am, sometimes I don't win. Best of luck to you, and chin up EVERY DAY is A NEW ONE.

    ReplyDelete